In these terms and conditions, ‘participant’ means the registered user who either submits an image(s) through the Greatbase competition page (‘entrant’) or votes for one of the entries during the competition’s final week (‘voter’).
Approved submissions will be published on the Greatbase website and may be viewed and shared through social media.
- The competition will close by 25th September 2015.
- In the event of a draw by this date, we will make the final vote to decide a winner.
- There is no limit to the number of images that an entrant may submit over the duration of the competition. The images must not have been published before and must be the original work of the entrant.
- A single participant is ineligible to win both the entrant’s and voter’s prizes. In the unlikely event that a single participant qualifies for both prizes, the smaller voter’s prize will be forfeited to a new winner redrawn from the pool of voters.
- Participants will be required to provide their name and email address upon entering or voting in the competition; your details will not be shared with any third parties, and your phone number, if supplied, will be used solely to notify you of success in this competition should we be unable to do so by email. Only the username, image, and chosen image title of entrants will be displayed on the competition webpage (voters’ details will not be displayed). Upon entering or voting, participants will be added to the mailing list of our seasonal guest newsletter (all our marketing communications have a statutory unsubscribe link so you can easily opt out of receiving future communications if you prefer).
- Images will be reviewed by us before they are displayed on the competition webpage to ensure that they do not contain offensive, inappropriate, or otherwise unsuitable material. For further information please see our entry guidelines. It may take up to 1 working day to review your images. If your image is rejected, we endeavour to explain why via email.
- Incomplete, damaged, or defaced submissions may be deemed invalid for entry to the competition and publication on our website.
- We reserve the right to refuse any submission that we deem unsuitable for entry into the competition on any grounds and at our absolute discretion.
- We will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit or prohibit a participant’s ability to take part in the competition. No responsibility will be accepted for submissions that may be lost or delayed in transmission.
- The participant accepts that we may use their submission for publicity purposes, including, but not limited to:
- Our internal and external advertising, now or in the future;
- Displays in our properties;
- Our website and other digital content
- By submitting an image, entrants confirm that they hold the copyright thereto. Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries; however, by entering, all entrants grant employees of Greatbase Apartments Ltd an irrevocable, worldwide royalty-free, nonexclusive, perpetual licence to use, reproduce, edit, crop, resize, and publish each submission in any and all media (including print and online), for the purposes outlined immediately above. In exercising the rights granted by such licence, where possible we will acknowledge that the photograph is the work of the entrant.
- By submitting an image, entrants confirm that their submission does not violate the privacy, intellectual property rights, or infringe any other rights of any other party or entity.
- Where photographs have been taken outwith a public space, entrants must have obtained the permission of any people prominently featured in their submission or parents/guardians in the case of children under 16 years of age.