Greatbase Apartments Departure Guide
We hope that you have enjoyed your stay in Edinburgh and have felt at home in the apartment. Upon leaving, we ask that you follow a few simple guidelines to help ensure that the next guests will feel as comfortable as we hope you have done.
- Our standard check-out time is 10:30am.
- As a result of the Coronavirus pandemic we have had to make some changes to our checkout policy following the Government advice. To reduce the risk to our staff we kindly ask that you remove the sheets from your bed and the covers from your pillows and duvet. We will provide a large, blue plastic bag for your convenience. You will find a big bag – usually a blue IKEA bag – under your bed, or in the bedrooms. Please kindly put all the linen that you used in that bag. This can help protect the health of our cleaners following government policy. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- Greatbase has a green policy to conserve energy therefore would be grateful if you could switch off central heating and all lights and appliances to conserve energy. Please leave on wifi, fridge and freezer.
- While we do not expect you to deep clean the apartment there are a few basic cleaning tasks that would be greatly appreciated. Before departure if you could please:
- Wash up any dirty dishes
- Empty the fridge/freezer/dishwasher
- Remove perishables from the cupboards
- Clean the microwave if used
- Clean the oven if used
- Close any windows
- Take out the rubbish/trash and put it into the black bin provided by the council on the street outside. At Chessels Court the bins are the chutes on the landing (no large pieces of cardboard please, cereal packets etc as they will block the chute)
- Please report all maintenance issues ASAP so that we can quickly attend to any problems. Additionally, please be sure to report any damages or breakages before leaving so that we have enough time to fix them before the next guests arrive. We rely on you to look after our apartment and its contents as if they were your own home and we will deduct any damage costs from your security deposit.
- Once you have left the apartment and are sure you have not left anything behind, please post the keys back through the letter box so they land on the floor in the apartment. If there is no letter box please leave the keys in the apartment or as instructed by the agent who met you.
- Please close windows for security reasons and to prevent rain coming into the property.
- Any brochures / leaflets/ information/ maps etc. that were in the apartment when you arrived are not to be removed. They are there to help all guests make the most of their visit to Edinburgh.
- Finally, please leave a comment in the guestbook or on the review pages of Google for Greatbase. We’d love to hear what you think and any suggestions you may have, so we can continue to improve the service we offer.
Thank you so much for your help and cooperation, we hope you’ve had a wonderful stay and to see you back in Edinburgh soon. You can view our property here.