A charming two-storey mews house with a private garage on a quiet cobbled lane in Edinburgh's New Town.
Our Jamaica Lane property forms part of a tranquil mews in Edinburgh’s New Town. With its own private garage, it is ideal for families or groups arriving by car.
Accessed via main door, Jamaica Lane is a bright and spacious mews house in Edinburgh’s New Town. On the ground floor, the open plan kitchen and dining area has table seating for six, and the well-equipped kitchen area contains everything you might need for self-catering.
Upstairs, a cosy living room contains a comfortable couch and a television for entertainment. There are two bedrooms (one double and one twin) and a sofa-bed in the living room that can be made up for an additional guest.
Each bedroom is equipped with bedside tables, lamps, chairs, and storage for your clothes and belongings. The upstairs bathroom contains a shower cubicle, towel drying rack, and a full bath with a handheld shower attachment.
The apartment also includes a large private garage.
Around and about
Jamaica Lane is perfectly situated for those looking for a quiet and peaceful retreat with easy access to the city centre. Just a five-minute walk will take guests from the apartment’s tranquil mews surroundings to Princes Street and the bustling centre of Edinburgh.
Edinburgh Castle and the famous Royal Mile are only a scenic 20 minutes away on foot, and you will pass the New Town shopping and restaurant district as well as the Scottish National Gallery and Princes Street Gardens along the way.
Head south and you will find yourself in Edinburgh’s lively Stockbridge area, which is home to numerous bars, restaurants and artisan shops, as well as the excellent Sunday Market.
And if you don’t fancy going too far from your home away from home, why not pop over to Kay’s Bar on Jamaica Street? This is a tiny hidden gem of a pub, hidden away in the New Town – just a stone’s throw from your apartment!
One member of the booking party must be over 25 years old. We reserve the right to vet any booking. We require names and ages of all guests, as well as addresses and ID.
This apartment is not suitable for stag or hen parties. A damage deposit of £250 is required and will be fully refunded pending no damages one week after your departure. Alternatively, we can offer you an insurance policy to cover damages and excess cleaning. The cost of the policy will vary depending on the length of your stay.
- This apartment accommodates a maximum of 5 guests. No unregistered guests are allowed to visit or stay overnight.
- Parties, events, and large gatherings of any kind are strictly prohibited. All guests must comply with our other house rules regarding noise and the neighborhood.
- Please do not engage in any anti-social behaviour. Guests must not behave in a way which causes, or is likely to cause, alarm, distress, nuisance or annoyance to any person; or which amounts to harassment of any person; or causes damage to anyone’s property. This includes high levels of noise and drunken or threatening behaviour, which is strictly prohibited.
- No pets are allowed.
- Please be respectful of your neighbours and keep any form of noise to a minimum between the hours of 9:00 pm and 7:30 a.m.
- Strictly no smoking, vaping, candles, or incense burners. Smoking is not permitted in the apartment or outside the apartment building.
- 1 double bedroom
- 1 twin bedroom
- 1 sofa bed for one
- Flat Screen HD TV
- Off street parking
- Sofa bed
- Washing Machine
Check-in / Check-out
Check-in is from 16:00 until 22:00, or later by special arrangement.
You will be asked to check-out before 10:30.
We will welcome you in person to introduce you to the apartment, hand over keys and answer any questions. We can also arrange self check-in—please let us know if you prefer this option.
You are welcome to store your luggage free of charge at our Greatbase Office, located at 24 St Stephen Street, during office hours from Monday to Friday. Please confirm your drop-off and collection time if you would like to use this service.
If you would like to find a place to store your luggage before check-in, read our article on how to find the best-rated luggage storage in Edinburgh.
If you need to store luggage at Edinburgh Airport, the Luggage Point is a good option.
Stay in touch
Sign up to our newsletter for the exclusive updates and special offers