There are plenty of good reasons to eat vegan and vegetarian food. For one, plant-based…
Planning to visit Edinburgh but want to find a luggage storage place in Edinburgh? We combine the best-rated left luggage in Edinburgh services for you. Whether you need storage for a few hours, or a few days in Edinburgh city center, Waverley station, or Edinburgh airport, you’ll find the right solution to suit you below, with Greatbase discount codes to get you the best luggage storage deals that save your travelling expenses.
1. Left Luggage in Edinburgh with Unbaggaged
Unbaggaged is a mobile luggage storage service. Book online and they’ll collect your luggage at the time and place you request. They then store your luggage at one of their secure storage units until it’s time to return your bags to you where and when you specify. The service is largely serviced by black cabs and so they can even provide you with a transfer after collecting or returning your bags. This system is probably the most hassle-free solution for the dilemma of luggage storage and perfect for anyone visiting Edinburgh that needs a taxi trip and a secure place to store luggage.
The price is £5 per bag plus the transfer costs to your selected destination. Use our code EDIN20 for a 20% discount with Unbaggaged*.
2. Left Luggage in Edinburgh at Luggage Hero
If you would like to find a place to store your luggage until the check-in time of your Edinburgh accommodation, LuggageHero is one of the luggage storage options in Edinburgh that you can trust. On top of it, when you book LuggageHero via this link, a voucher code provided by LuggageHero will be applied automatically on the check-out page. You can enjoy a discounted offer of 2 hours of free luggage storage for one bag in any of LuggageHero’s locations, including all the luggage storage locations in Edinburgh, the UK and other countries.
LuggageHero provides reliable luggage storage services in more than 100 cities worldwide in certified shops and hotels. All luggage is insured against damage, loss, and theft. They provide two flexible rates – either a flat rate at £8.95/day per bag or a pay-as-you-go rate from £1.29/hour per bag depending on your selected location in Edinburgh.
Using LuggageHero is simple and easy. Here is how it works:
1. Scan the discounted QR Code on the right or click this link to visit the LuggageHero website. The special offer will be applied automatically on the check-out page.
2. Use the search bar to type in the location, date, and number of bags that you would like to store in Edinburgh.
3. Select your ideal certified Luggagehero storage points in Edinburgh.
4. Book online and receive directions.
5. Drop off the luggage at a LuggageHero shop you booked in Edinburgh.
6. Once you are at the shop with your luggage, Click “start storage timer” on your smartphone or follow the link provided by email or SMS, no matter which rate plan you choose.
7. Upon pick-up, click “stop storage timer” which will process payment.
Benefits of using LuggageHero:
- Explore Edinburgh or your favourite city without the weight of your luggage
- You can cancel the booking by contacting the support team up until midnight of the day before without any charges.
- All the luggage storage sites are vetted by LuggageHero.
- Most of the locations are located in the city centre or close to the main attractions in Edinburgh or the rest of the UK. It can be in retail outlets, hotels, cafes, and more.
- Cheap hourly rates in prime locations.
If you need a place to store your luggage before your check-in and after your check-out , you can use our partner, LuggageHero. They offer two hours for free (for one bag) to all of our guests. Click on this link to book your luggage storage and enjoy the special offer to save some money for your trip.
3. Left Luggage in Edinburgh with Bounce
Bounce is another great option if you are looking for somewhere safe to store your luggage so you can go and enjoy the city without being weighed down by bags! Storage costs from £5 per bag for 24 hours with BounceShield™ Protection included, protecting your belongings for damages of up to $10,000.
Getting your bags booked in with Bounce couldn’t be simpler – head to Bounce to choose from one of their 41 convenient locations across Edinburgh, check in by showing your confirmation to a store employee and drop off your bags, then head off for an Edinburgh adventure bag-free!
4. Left Luggage in Edinburgh at Nannybag
Nannybag is the world’s largest luggage storage network and has storage locations in Edinburgh. The storage must be booked online prior to use and costs £6 per item for the first day and £4 per item if you require an extra day. Every bag is insured for up to 1500 euros against breakage, loss or theft. Nannybag is a good choice if you plan to store luggage in Edinburgh during your trip.
Use our Greatbase code GB10 for a 10% discount when booking via this link*.
If you are looking for a decent stay and feel at home experience when you are visiting Edinburgh, our luxury and comfortable holiday apartments are your choice. Our holiday apartments such as Ramsay Garden – Garden Views, Old Town, Albany Street Cumberland Street, Heriot Row are an ideal place for a delightful retreat.
- Nannybag must be booked in advance and a booking confirmation email is required to use them.
- The price is £6 per bag per day, which can be reduced to £5.40 using our coupon code, GB10, at checkout via this link.
You can book your Nannybag Storage online here* and get your 10% discount with our voucher code.
5. Left Luggage in Edinburgh at StashPoint
Stasher is another fantastic secure luggage storage services providers in Edinburgh, and all around the globe. Stasher has many StashPoints in the Edinburgh Old Town and New Town. These are ideal repositories for your luggage before check-in your holiday accommodation or your outbound flight . Our Edinburgh holiday apartments such as Circus Lane, Ramsay Garden, Jamaica Lane, Royal Mile, Old Town,and Dundas Street are centrally located, so you will find many StashPoints within short walking distances to our apartments.
StashPoints are available at the following locations:
Here are the opening hours of some of the centrally located StashPoints luggage storage services point:
- Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre Royal Mile hotel (Address: 33 E Market St, Edinburgh EH8 8FR)
– Open daily from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (York Place/St James Quarter) hotel (Address: 44 York Pl, Edinburgh EH1 3HU)
– Open daily from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- hub by Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Rose Street) hotel (Address: Rose St S Ln, Edinburgh EH2 2NN)
– Open daily from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- The Bike Smith (Address: 36 Haymarket Terrace, Edinburgh EH12 5JZ)
– Open daily from 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Mace (43 South Bridge, Edinburgh EH1 1LL)
– Open daily from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Broughton Newsagency (28 Broughton Street, Edinburgh, EH1 3SB)
– Open Monday to Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Netversal Communications (76 South Bridge, Edinburgh EH1 1HN)
– Open Monday to Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- StashPoints must be booked in advance and a booking confirmation email is required to use them.
- The price is £6 per bag per day, which can be reduced to £5.40 using our coupon code, GREATBASE, at checkout.
You can book your StashPoints Storage online here* and get your 10% discount with our voucher code.
6. Left Luggage in Edinburgh – Edinburgh Bus Station Luggage Storage
If none of the StashPoints are located near your accommodation, we recommend Edinburgh Bus Station as an alternative as the rates are cheaper than at Waverley Station (note that Haymarket Station doesn’t have left luggage facilities). If you only need to store a single item for a short period, left luggage at Waverley, run by the Excess Baggage Company, maybe your best option, as you can do so for up to three hours for a £6 fee (quotes for higher volumes or longer durations are available here).
For most visitors, however, the five-minute walk to Edinburgh Bus Station will prove more economical. The Bus Station is open from 4.30 am to midnight Sunday to Thursday, and 4.30 am to half-past midnight on Friday and Saturday, with the exception of Hogmanay when it is open all night.
While Edinburgh Bus Station contains 146 lockers of varying sizes, their popularity is such that they are unable to guarantee the availability of lockers on any given day. The lockers are offered in the following sizes and fares (valid as of May 2020); please note that cards aren’t accepted so you will need to have coins to use the facilities.
Edinburgh Bus Station Luggage Storage Price:
These rates allow you access to your locker for up to 12 hours, after which the fares are reinstated for a further 12-hour rental, and so on. The lockers can’t be reserved in advance of your arrival but you can arrange to hire them for over 12 hours (and up to 10 weeks) by speaking with the security staff at the station
The luggage lockers come in multiple sizes:
- £5 for small
- £6.50 for medium
- £8 for large
- £10 for extra-large.
The charge allows you to use the locker for up to 12 hours.
Limited extra-large luggage lockers (checked baggage size) are available at £10 each for 12 hours.
Location: Edinburgh, EH1 3DQ
Edinburgh Bus Station is on Elder Street, which adjoins St Andrew Square near the airport’s penultimate tram stop.
For the opening hours and full breakdown of facilities at Edinburgh Bus Station, click this link.
7. Left Luggage in Edinburgh – Edinburgh Airport’s Luggage-Point
If you are visiting Edinburgh as part of a longer tour and have excess baggage, you’d be best to take advantage of Edinburgh Airport’s Luggage-Point Left Luggage service, a detailed breakdown of which can be found here.
8. Left Luggage in Edinburgh – Free Luggage Storage For Our Guests
Our guests are welcome to drop off any luggage at our Greatbase office located at 24 St Stephen Street from midday on Monday to Friday prior to checking in; please confirm your drop-off time together with your check-in time and notify us of any changes so we can ensure someone is here to receive your belongings.
* Disclosure: the links indicated with an asterisk below are affiliate links which means at no additional cost to you we receive commission if you click through and purchase the service.