An elegant three-bedroom apartment on a quiet street in the heart of the New Town.
This charming, 1st-floor Georgian apartment sits on a residential street in the heart of Edinburgh’s prestigious New Town, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Its peaceful location and spacious interiors make it the perfect base for your holiday to Edinburgh. Just a five-minute walk from the centre of town, our Cumberland Street apartment is perfectly situated for taking in all that Scotland's wonderful capital city has to offer with ease.
This self-catering Edinburgh city centre holiday apartment is bright, spacious and very comfortable. It has been newly carpeted throughout and the clean, fresh décor makes it an ideal refuge after a long day of sightseeing.
The master bedroom has an antique, queen-sized bed and features an en suite bathroom.
The flat features 2 large bedrooms and a smaller study/bedroom with a raised platform bed accessible via ladder.
The family bathroom has both a bath and shower, and is accessible to the other 2 bedrooms.
The generously-sized and well-equipped kitchen boasts two fridge freezers, providing plenty of storage space for any budding chefs hoping to self-cater. The kitchen table has seating for six and a high chair can be provided upon request. Alternatively, for those who prefer to let others do the cooking, many of Edinburgh’s famed gastronomic delights can be found within just a few minutes on foot.
A ten-minute walk will take guests to Princes Street, where they can access the airport tram link or jump on a quick 7-minute bus ride to the Royal Mile—the central thoroughfare of Edinburgh’s historic Old Town. From here, you can visit Camera Obscura and the Castle; or, if you’re feeling brave, why not take a tour of the Real Mary King’s Close?
The Water of Leith is just a short stroll away, taking you from the cobbled streets of Edinburgh’s Georgian New Town on a beautiful green, leafy walk, away from the hubbub of the city centre.
And if all the sightseeing gets a bit much, why not take the edge off with a visit to the famous Cumberland Bar? Just a stone’s throw from your apartment, here you can sample some proper draft ales or enjoy an evening drink under the willow tree in the beer garden – a favourite haunt with locals.
Paid on-street parking is free from 5.30pm until 8.30am on weekdays and all weekend.
One member of the party must be over 21 years old.
As with most self-catering holiday apartments in Edinburgh’s city centre, this apartment is not suitable for stag or hen parties. A damage deposit of £250 is required and, in the event that there is no damage to the apartment, will be fully refunded one week after your departure.
The rental amount includes laundry, cleaning, gas, electricity and Wi-Fi.
- This apartment accommodates a maximum of 6 guests. No unregistered guests are allowed to visit or stay overnight.
- Parties, events, and large gatherings of any kind are strictly prohibited. All guests must comply with our other house rules regarding noise and the neighborhood.
- Please do not engage in any anti-social behaviour. Guests must not behave in a way which causes, or is likely to cause, alarm, distress, nuisance or annoyance to any person; or which amounts to harassment of any person; or causes damage to anyone’s property. This includes high levels of noise and drunken or threatening behaviour, which is strictly prohibited.
- No pets are allowed.
- Please be respectful of your neighbours and keep any form of noise to a minimum between the hours of 9:00 pm and 7:30 a.m.
- Strictly no smoking, vaping, candles, or incense burners in the property.
- Strictly no smoking and no vaping in the communal stair and outside steps in the property’s building.
- 1 double bedroom
- 1 twin bedroom
- 1 single study/bedroom (please note this is accessed via ladder).
Greatbase manages many other holiday apartments in the Edinburgh city centre. Please browse our portfolio of Edinburgh apartments.
- DVD Player
- En Suite
- Flat Screen HD TV
- Freeview TV
- Oven and hob
- Shower over bath
- Washing Machine
Check-in / Check-out
Check-in is from 16:00 until 22:00, or later by special arrangement.
You will be asked to check-out before 10:30.
We will welcome you in person to introduce you to the apartment, hand over keys and answer any questions. We can also arrange self check-in—please let us know if you prefer this option.
You are welcome to store your luggage free of charge at our Greatbase Office, located at 24 St Stephen Street, during office hours from Monday to Friday. Please confirm your drop-off and collection time if you would like to use this service.
If you would like to find a place to store your luggage before check-in, read our article on how to find the best-rated luggage storage in Edinburgh.
If you need to store luggage at Edinburgh Airport, the Luggage Point is a good option.
Stay in touch
Sign up to our newsletter for the exclusive updates and special offers