Our guests are welcome to drop off any luggage at our office (24 St Stephen Street; zoom out or centre map below) from midday on Monday to Friday prior to checking in; please confirm your drop-off time together with your check-in time and notify us of any changes so we can ensure someone is here to receive your belongings. If it isn’t convenient for you to return and collect your luggage then you have a few other options.
* Disclosure: the links indicated with an asterisk below are affiliate links which means at no additional cost to you we receive commission if you click through and purchase the service.
Nannybag is the world’s largest luggage storage network and has storage locations in the very centre of the city at Princes Street, Lochrin Place and Haymarket Terrace. The storage must be booked online prior to use and costs £6 per item for the first day and £4 per item if you require an extra day; our guests are eligible for a 10% discount using voucher code GB10 when booking via the link below. Every bag is insured for up to 1500 euros against breakage, loss or theft.
- Princes Street – 10am to 10pm Monday to Sunday
- Lochrin Place – 9am to 6.30pm Monday to Thursday, 9am to 6pm on Friday, 9.30am to 5.30pm on Saturday and 10am to 5pm on Sunday
- Haymarket Terrace – 11am to 6.30pm Monday to Saturday, 11am to 6pm on Sundays
Book your Nannybag storage online here.*
We have also established a partnership with Stasher who offer a number of StashPoints in the Old and New Towns. These are ideal repositories for your luggage prior to check in or your outbound flight. StashPoints are available at the following locations:
– Premier Inn Edinburgh Waverley (Address: 33 E Market St, Edinburgh, EH8 8FR) – Open daily from 7am to 11pm
– Prestige Scotland (187 Canongate, Edinburgh, EH8 8BN) – Open daily from 10am to 6pm
– Broughton Newsagency (28 Broughton Street, Edinburgh, EH1 3SB) – Open daily from 7am to 6pm
– Glenmor Woolens (97 Canongate, Edinburgh, EH8 8BP) – Open daily from 10am to 6pm
- StashPoints must be booked in advance and a booking confirmation email is required to use them.
- The price is £6 per bag per day, which can be reduced to £5.40 using our coupon code, GREATBASE, at checkout.
- StashPoints can be booked online here.*
If none of the StashPoints are located near your accommodation, we recommend Edinburgh Bus Station as an alternative as the rates are cheaper than at Waverley Station (note that Haymarket Station doesn’t have left luggage facilities). If you only need to store a single item for a short period, left luggage at Waverley, run by the Excess Baggage Company, may be your best option, as you can do so for up to three hours for a £6 fee (quotes for higher volumes or longer durations are available here). For most visitors, however, the five-minute walk to Edinburgh Bus Station will prove more economic. The Bus Station is open from 4.30am to midnight Sunday to Thursday, and 4.30am to half-past midnight on Friday and Saturday, with the exception of Hogmanay when it is open all night.
While Edinburgh Bus Station contains 146 lockers of varying sizes, their popularity is such that they are unable to guarantee the availability of lockers on any given day. The lockers are offered in the following sizes and fares (valid as of February 2018); please note that cards aren’t accepted so you will need to have coins to use the facilities:
Edinburgh Bus Station pay luggage lockers
|Small||£5||18"H x 14"W x 36"D
(460mm x 355mm x 915mm)
|Medium||£6.50||26"H x 14"W x 36"D
(660mm x 355mm x 915mm)
|Large||£8||38"H x 14"W x 36"D
965mm x 355mm x 915mm
|Extra wide (small)||£8||18"H x 21"W x 36"D
460mm x 540mm x 915mm
|Extra wide (large)||£10||38"H x 21"W x 36"D
965mm x 540mm x 915mm
These rates allow you access to your locker for up to 12 hours, after which the fares are reinstated for a further 12-hour rental, and so on. The lockers can’t be reserved in advance of your arrival but you can arrange to hire them for over 12 hours (and up to 10 weeks) by speaking with the security staff at the station.
Here’s a gallery showing the capacity of each of the different locker types:
For the opening hours and full breakdown of facilities at Edinburgh Bus Station, click this link.
If you are visiting Edinburgh as part of a longer tour and have excess baggage, you’d be best to take advantage of Edinburgh Airport’s Luggage-Point Left Luggage service, a detailed breakdown of which can be found here.