Greatbase is a holiday letting company in Edinburgh. We manage around 40 luxury, self catering holiday apartments in central Edinburgh for short-term lets, including holiday, festival, corporate and relocation rentals.
All holiday apartments are decorated and furnished to a high standard and fully equipped for self catering. Free Wi-Fi is, of course, included.
We offer guests a personal, tailored service – making sure your stay in Edinburgh is as comfortable and stress-free as possible.
All guests are personally greeted upon arrival to ensure you’re familiar with your chosen holiday apartment and informed about what you can do while you’re here. We also offer contactless check-in if you prefer this option.
Your safety and security is our No.1 priority. To that end, we’re fully accredited by Visit Scotland’s ‘Good To Go’ scheme. This means that we have demonstrated that we are adhering to the government and public health guidance and have carried out a COVID-19 risk assestment to make sure we have the required processes and protocols in place.
We’re Good To Go!
Each member of the holiday lets team is dedicated to making your stay the best it can be. From greeting you upon your arrival, to arranging all the little things that make your stay special, we’re here to help
Founder (in 2006) and owner of Greatbase, Katie has worked in tourist accommodation and property development since 1985 – first running a B&B along with self-catering cottages before moving back to Edinburgh in 2004.
Being a local, she has a wealth of knowledge of the history of the city, the buildings and best cafes, pubs and restaurants and is always open to discovering more.
She deals with much of the day to day running of Greatbase and personally welcoming guests to their apartments.
Linyi has a huge amount of experience in international marketing and guest relations. She is wonderful at helping guests with their enquiries to ensure they choose the perfect apartment for their needs.
She is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin and enjoys travelling to different countries, so she understands how the accommodation and local experience can impact your stay.
Linyi’s an invaluable member of the team – service-oriented and with an eternally positive attitude, she strives to provide a truly enjoyable experience for guests.
Stuart joined Greatbase in 2019 and is responsible for the general maintenance of all our properties.
You’ll likely come across Stuart at your meet and greet or, if you have any questions during your stay, he’ll be around to help.
He’s also a great contributor to our blog.
Caring for the environment
As a professional holiday letting company in Edinburgh, Greatbase takes care for the environment seriously. We will soon have our ‘Green Tourism’ award from Visit Scotland and we do what we can to recycle, reuse and reduce our waste.
Below are just some of the things we do:
- We are a virtually paperless office. Any paper and cardboard received is recycled often in our wormery*!
- Wherever possible, we navigate the city by bicycle, be that for meeting our guests, or popping in to check on properties.
- Sometimes we do need to drive and our goal is to replace our diesel-driven van with an electric one as soon as possible to further reduce our impact.
- Our cleaners use, wherever possible, environmentally-friendly cleaning products.
- We leave the garden behind our office to grow as a wildflower garden, creating a haven for as much wildlife as possible.
- We encourage our guests to be as environmentally friendly as possible. Details on your nearest recycling point are provided in your welcome notes. We also provide advice on efficient energy use in your apartment.
- We provide refillable toiletries in the apartments to reduce on plastic waste.
- We make an annual contribution to the Bumblebees Conservation Trust to support their important work to safeguard our natural flora.
* We have an office wormery and as much of our waste as possible goes in, then is used in the Greatbase allotment to grow the veggies for our office lunchtime soups!