With the school half terms falling right in the middle of autumn, it's a great…
Planning to visit Edinburgh but want to find a luggage storage place in Edinburgh? We combine the best-rated left luggage in Edinburgh services for you. Whether you need storage for a few hours, or a few days in Edinburgh city center, Waverley station, or Edinburgh airport, you’ll find the right solution to suit you below, with Greatbase discount codes to get you the best luggage storage deals that save your travelling expenses.
1. Left Luggage in Edinburgh with Unbaggaged
Unbaggaged is a mobile luggage storage service. Book online and they’ll collect your luggage at the time and place you request. They then store your luggage at one of their secure storage units until it’s time to return your bags to you where and when you specify. The service is largely serviced by black cabs and so they can even provide you with a transfer after collecting or returning your bags. This system is probably the most hassle-free solution for the dilemma of luggage storage and perfect for anyone visit Edinburgh that need a taxi trip and a secure place to store the luggage.
The price is £5 per bag plus the transfer costs to your selected destination. Use our code EDIN20 for a 20% discount with Unbaggaged*.
2. Left Luggage in Edinburgh at Nannybag
Nannybag is the world’s largest luggage storage network and has storage locations in the very centre of the city at Princes Street, Lochrin Place and Haymarket Terrace. The storage must be booked online prior to use and costs £6 per item for the first day and £4 per item if you require an extra day. Every bag is insured for up to 1500 euros against breakage, loss or theft. Nannybag is a good choice if you plan to left luggage in Edinburgh during your trip.
Use our Greatbase code GB10 for a 10% discount when booking via this link*.
Here are the opening hours of some of the centrally located Nannybag luggage storage services point:
- Princes Street – 10am to 10pm Monday to Sunday
- Lochrin Place – 9am to 6.30pm Monday to Thursday, 9am to 6pm on Friday, 9.30am to 5.30pm on Saturday and 10am to 5pm on Sunday
- Haymarket Terrace – 11am to 6.30pm Monday to Saturday, 11am to 6pm on Sundays
If you are looking for a decent stay and feel at home experience when you are visiting Edinburgh, our luxury and comfortable holiday apartments are your choice. Our holiday apartments such as Rutland Square, Old Town, Dublin Top, Cumberland Street, Heriot Row are an ideal place for a delightful retreat.
- Nannybag must be booked in advance and a booking confirmation email is required to use them.
- The price is £6 per bag per day, which can be reduced to £5.40 using our coupon code, GB10, at checkout via this link.
You can book your Nannybag Storage online here* and get your 10% discount with our voucher code.
3. Left Luggage in Edinburgh at StashPoint
Stasher is another fantastic secure luggage storage services providers in Edinburgh, and all around the globe. Stasher has many StashPoints in the Edinburgh Old Town and New Town. These are ideal repositories for your luggage before check-in your holiday accommodation or your outbound flight . Our Edinburgh holiday apartments such as Hanover Street Apartment, Ramsay Garden, Cobbled Lane Mews, Royal Mile, Old Town,and Dundas Street are centrally located, so you will find many StashPoints within short walking distances to our apartments.
StashPoints are available at the following locations:
Here are the opening hours of some of the centrally located StashPoints luggage storage services point:
- Premier Inn Edinburgh Waverley (Address: 33 E Market St, Edinburgh, EH8 8FR)
– Open daily from 7am to 11pm
- Prestige Scotland (187 Canongate, Edinburgh, EH8 8BN)
– Open daily from 10am to 6pm
- Broughton Newsagency (28 Broughton Street, Edinburgh, EH1 3SB)
– Open daily from 7am to 6pm
- Glenmor Woolens (97 Canongate, Edinburgh, EH8 8BP)
– Open daily from 10am to 6pm
- StashPoints must be booked in advance and a booking confirmation email is required to use them.
- The price is £6 per bag per day, which can be reduced to £5.40 using our coupon code, GREATBASE, at checkout.
You can book your StashPoints Storage online here* and get your 10% discount with our voucher code.
4. Left Luggage in Edinburgh - Edinburgh Bus Station Luggage Storage
If none of the StashPoints are located near your accommodation, we recommend Edinburgh Bus Station as an alternative as the rates are cheaper than at Waverley Station (note that Haymarket Station doesn’t have left luggage facilities). If you only need to store a single item for a short period, left luggage at Waverley, run by the Excess Baggage Company, maybe your best option, as you can do so for up to three hours for a £6 fee (quotes for higher volumes or longer durations are available here).
For most visitors, however, the five-minute walk to Edinburgh Bus Station will prove more economical. The Bus Station is open from 4.30 am to midnight Sunday to Thursday, and 4.30 am to half-past midnight on Friday and Saturday, with the exception of Hogmanay when it is open all night.
While Edinburgh Bus Station contains 146 lockers of varying sizes, their popularity is such that they are unable to guarantee the availability of lockers on any given day. The lockers are offered in the following sizes and fares (valid as of May 2020); please note that cards aren’t accepted so you will need to have coins to use the facilities.
Edinburgh Bus Station Luggage Storage Price:
These rates allow you access to your locker for up to 12 hours, after which the fares are reinstated for a further 12-hour rental, and so on. The lockers can’t be reserved in advance of your arrival but you can arrange to hire them for over 12 hours (and up to 10 weeks) by speaking with the security staff at the station
The luggage lockers come in multiple sizes:
- £5 for small
- £6.50 for medium
- £8 for large
- £10 for extra-large.
The charge allows you to use the locker for up to 12 hours.
Limited extra-large luggage lockers (checked baggage size) are available at £10 each for 12 hours.
Location: Edinburgh, EH1 3DQ
Edinburgh Bus Station is on Elder Street, which adjoins St Andrew Square near the airport’s penultimate tram stop.
5. Left Luggage in Edinburgh - Edinburgh Airport’s Luggage-Point
6. Left Luggage in Edinburgh - Free Luggage Storage For Our Guests
Our guests are welcome to drop off any luggage at our Greatbase office located at 24 St Stephen Street from midday on Monday to Friday prior to checking in; please confirm your drop-off time together with your check-in time and notify us of any changes so we can ensure someone is here to receive your belongings.
* Disclosure: the links indicated with an asterisk below are affiliate links which means at no additional cost to you we receive commission if you click through and purchase the service.